Colorado Springs, CO
Salary: $12.85 to $15.00 /hour
Raven Security is looking to hire several full-time Armed Security Officers. Shifts are five days a week (to include some weekends) with times ranging from 4pm-7am. Applicants must live in the Colorado Springs area, own the required firearm, have reliable transportation, a smartphone with a service plan and the availability to work the varying shifts.
The applicant will provide professional safety and security services to facilities, grounds, property, and personnel. Upholds and enforces local and state laws pertaining to security.
- Patrols buildings and property for fire, safety and security violations on foot or by motor vehicle.
- Reports and investigates incidents which occur on the property.
- Conducts searches of buildings and individuals; performs self-defense and arrest control techniques as needed.
- Performs entry control and ensures that buildings are secured and locked. Monitors, sets, and responds to burglar and fire alarm systems.
- Monitors and controls vehicle traffic at facilities.
- Writes accurate, detailed reports. Logs security information, including calls for service and other required information; maintains accurate logs and related documents.
- Provides protection for clientele, special events, and other related activities.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent education required.
- Minimum one (1) year of law enforcement or security. Four years of military experience in lieu of security/law enforcement experience.
- Must be at least 21 years old at the time of employment.
- Must qualify to use duty handgun in accordance with City licensing standards. Must own a firearm (9mm or .40).
- Knowledge of and experience with common radio equipment and communications procedures preferred.
- Must have knowledge of state and local law enforcement techniques, equipment and procedures.
- Must have a working knowledge of state and local laws including, but not limited to, Officer authority, search and seizure, use of force, civil rights, and drug and weapons violations.
- Must be able to act quickly and decisively in stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain positive interaction with fellow employees, public safety personnel, and the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and possess a high level of attention to detail; ability to write accurate and detailed reports, records, and other documents.
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice. Must be willing to work varying shifts to include nights and weekends. Subject to call out any time.
- Must pass conditional post-offer drug screen, background investigation, employment and educational verification, and motor vehicle check. Must provide a DD214 Member 4 copy if prior military.
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the education and experience requirements above.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- CPR and First Aid training preferred.
- City of Colorado Springs Armed Security Officer License with CEW and OC endorsements.
Applicants who are not licensed by the City of Colorado Springs as an Armed Security Officer can take the required courses from Raven Security or any City approved instructor. Security courses for licensing are $150 through Raven Security and can be deducted from employee’s first two paychecks. The City of Colorado Springs Security Officer License fee is $97.
- Paid Time Off
- Uniform/Duty Gear provided
- Advanced training by Certified Instructors
- Advancement Opportunity
Work is performed on foot and in a motor vehicle; may be exposed to inclement weather. Must be able to stand, climb, walk, run, bend and jump for extended periods of time. May require physical contact of a combative nature for self-defense. May be exposed to potentially hazardous and life-threatening situations. Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 50 pounds. May require working overtime, weekends, holidays and rotating shifts on short notice. Subject to call out at any time.
Job Essential Tasks:
Detain a suspect, forcibly if necessary, using handcuffs and other restraints; subdue resisting suspects using maneuvers and weapons and resort to the use of hands and feet and other approved weapons in self-defense. Prepare reports using appropriate grammar. Exercise independent judgment in determining when there is reasonable suspicion to detain and when force may be used and to what degree. Operate a patrol vehicle during both the day and night in normal and emergency situations, in congested traffic and in unsafe road conditions caused by factors such as fog, smoke, rain, ice, and snow. Communicate effectively and coherently over radio channels while initiating and responding to radio communications. Gather information in investigations by interviewing and obtaining the statements of victims, witnesses, suspects, and confidential informers. Pursue fleeing suspects and perform rescue operations which may involve quickly entering and exiting patrol vehicles; lifting, carrying and dragging heavy objects; climbing over and pulling up oneself over obstacles; jumping down from elevated surfaces; climbing through openings; jumping over obstacles, ditches, and streams; crawling in confined areas; balancing on uneven or narrow surfaces and using body force to gain entrance through barriers. Wearing of body armor and the utilization of a duty belt containing various equipment to include OC, flashlight, radio, handcuffs, firearm, extra magazines, and taser. Load, unload, aim and fire from a variety of body positions handguns, shotguns, and other firearms under conditions of stress that justify the use of deadly force and at levels of proficiency prescribed in certification standards. Perform searches of people, vehicles, buildings and large outdoor areas which may involve feeling and detecting objects, walking for long periods of time, detaining people and stopping suspicious vehicles and persons. Engage in patrol functions that include such things as working rotating/varying shifts, walking on foot patrol and physically checking the doors and windows of buildings to ensure they are secure. Endure verbal and mental abuse when confronted with the hostile views and opinions of suspects and other people encountered in an antagonistic environment. Adapt, both mentally and physically, to high-stress environments and austere conditions. Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies, and disasters to include directing traffic for long periods of time, administering emergency medical aid, lifting, dragging and carrying people away from dangerous situations and securing and evacuating people from particular areas. Extinguish small fires by using a fire extinguisher and other appropriate means.