Raven Security is a leading provider of operational support, security services and risk management services to government, commercial and private clientele. As a result, we are constantly seeking highly skilled, innovative personnel who share our willingness to support
complex operations in some of the most demanding locations in the world. From working as an armed security guard or serving as an emergency medical technician to helping write proposals as part of our corporate back-office or training our partners in high risk security operations, we offer a wide-range of professional opportunities to discover the career that is right for you.
Setting the Standard
Raven Security is committed to legal, moral and ethical behavior, as it is the cornerstone of our culture and the way in which we conduct business. We abide by an exacting code of conduct. Our vetting and training programs are rigorous to ensure the integrity of our operations are maintained. All personnel undergo a complex selection process including a background check, drug screening, experience verification and reference check. We require strong performance, leadership skills, maturity, teamwork and a persistent focus on risk mitigation and customer service. To ensure that our clients are receiving best-in-class protection, all personnel must complete tier training, field training and appropriate licensing/certification.
Benefits & Rewards
Competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, work-life balance, and tailored career development programs that reflect our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Paid Time-Off Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term Disability
- Program Performance Reviews & Advancement Opportunities
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Current Employment Opportunities
Raven Security is constantly seeking highly skilled, innovative personnel who share our willingness to support security operations in some of the most demanding environments. To be considered for employment, applicants must meet the minimum qualifications, be able to perform the job essential tasks and not have any disqualifying factors.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Full-Time
Compensation: $11.10-$13.15 an hour
Provides professional safety and security services to facilities, grounds, property and personnel. Upholds and enforces local and state laws pertaining to security.
- Patrols buildings and property for fire, safety and security violations on foot or by motor vehicle.
- Reports and investigates incidents which occur on property.
- Conducts searches of buildings and individuals; performs self defense and arrest control techniques as needed.
- Performs entry control and ensures that buildings are secured and locked. Monitors, sets, and responds to burglar and fire alarm systems.
- Monitors and controls vehicle traffic at facilities.
- Writes accurate, detailed reports. Logs security information, including calls for service and other required information; maintains accurate logs and related documents.
- Provides protection for clientele, special events, and other related activities.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent education required.
- Minimum one (1) year law enforcement or security. Four years of military experience in lieu of security/law enforcement experience.
- Must be at least 21 years old at time of employment.
- Must qualify to use duty handgun in accordance with City licensing standards. Must own a firearm (9mm or .40).
- Knowledge of and experience with common radio equipment and communications procedures preferred.
- Must have knowledge of state and local law enforcement techniques, equipment and procedures.
- Must have working knowledge of state and local laws including, but not limited to, officer authority, search and seizure, use of force, civil rights, and drug and weapons violations.
- Must be able to act quickly and decisively in stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain positive interaction with fellow employees, public safety personnel, and the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and possess a high level of attention to detail; ability to write accurate and detailed reports, records, and other documents.
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice. Must be willing to work varying shifts to include nights and weekends. Subject to call out any time.
- Must pass conditional post offer drug screen, background investigation, employment and educational verification, and motor vehicle check. Must provide a DD214 Member 4 copy if prior military.
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the education and experience requirements above.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- CPR and First Aid training preferred.
- City of Colorado Springs Armed Security Officer License with CEW and OC endorsements.
Work is performed on foot and in a motor vehicle; may be exposed to inclement weather. Must be able to stand, climb, walk, run, bend and jump for extended periods of time. May require physical contact of a combative nature for self defense. May be exposed to potentially hazardous and life threatening situations. Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 50 pounds. May require working overtime, weekends, holidays and rotating shifts on short notice. Subject to call out at any time.